The church was built in 1792 with donations from parishioners and peasant Kirill Mikhailovich Kuskov. Earlier, a wooden church was built on this site by the care of Lieutenant General Baron Karl Sievers, which existed from 1759 to 1789. The temple was painted in 1878 and 1884.
At that time, the young Alexander Mikhailovich Opekushin was baptized in this church. His funeral service was held here in 1923. The great sculptor was buried at the family burial site, in the churchyard. For many years the grave remained abandoned, and only in 1972 a modest granite tombstone appeared on it with a laconic inscription: "Sculptor academician Alexander Mikhailovich Opekushin. 1838-1923." Behind Alexander Mikhailovich's tombstone, there is the grave of his father, Mikhail Evdokimovich, with the remains of brickwork, on which stood a bronze bust, lovingly executed by his son. Currently, the bust is in the Yaroslavl Art Museum. Churchwarden Konstantin Mikhailovich himself is buried here.
The church was closed in 1961. Years later, not a trace of the temple's former beauty and grandeur remained. The church was returned to the faithful in 1993 and is slowly being restored.